Canada is a vast and rugged land. From north to south, it spans more than half the Northern Hemisphere. From east to west, it stretches almost 7,560 km across 6 time zones. It is the second largest country in the world, but it has only half of 1% of the world's population!
- Did you know that Winnie the Pooh, Smarties, Superman, and Wayne Gretzky are all products of Canada?
- Did you know that Canada became a country in 1867 under Sir John A. MacDonald as our first Prime Minister?
- Did you know that Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake in the world?
- Did you know that there are more cows in Saskatchewan than people?
- Did you know that Edmonton has the second greatest temperature variation in the world (from +40 to -40 degrees Celsius)?
- Did you know that Canada has the longest coast line in the world?